Thursday, June 5, 2008

A pillow socky for bobcat


A few weeks ago, we made a pillow socky for the bobcat at Coyote Point. As you can see from the first photo, Jack was so excited that he fell asleep in the car! I wasn't sure if the staff was merely being polite when they said they "loved it," so it was a delight and a surprise to see our pillow socky in bobcat's area yesterday. I couldn't get a decent photo of both the pillow socky and bobcat, but that's her in the background, asleep. We may make another pillow socky for the coyote next!

2 comments:

chri said...

hey there! any tips on making my own pillowsocky?

thanks!
c

Jane Huber said...

Hi Christal,

Sorry I didn't see your comment earlier!

We made our pillow socky by stuffing an extra sock with synthetic fill (which you can get at a craft store). Then I sewed the top shut and sewed felt shapes on for the eyes, mouth, etc. You could also use glue for the features.

Have fun!