Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mommy Takes a Hike


Hans shoved me out the door Sunday morning for a hike -- only my second solitary trek in almost 2 years. Since I didn't want to be away for a long time, I chose San Pedro Valley Park, which is always one of my favorite places to hike, any time of year. The weather was perfect and the trails were very quiet. I love the way the seasons overlap in the bay area, and at San Pedro there were still red berries dangling from honeysuckle vines (summer), purple drupes on Coffeeberry shrubs (autumn), and new flowers on the manzanitas (winter). There were about a million hummingbirds zipping about, and great piles of Coffeeberry-studded coyote scat along the trail. I look forward to more hiking in the future -- if and when Jack is agreeable, we could hike quite a bit during the week.

http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/sanpedro.html

No comments: